We want to create a new online-system for the management and the long time storage of computer- and videogame-data, which avoids the problems of other existing projects and is at the same time designed with innovation and sustainability.
These are the characteristics of our system:
- the logical data model will be comprehensive and therefore exceed the capabilities of any other existing game database.
- the underlying technology will be based upon a modern software architecture, so everything is easy expandable and maintainable.
- everybody (with the required skills) will be able to extend and enhance the source code
- the gathered data will be available to everybody, from a technical point of view as well as regarding licensing conditions
- multilingualism is a goal right from the beginning
- a nonprofit organisation (instead of one ore more individuals) will be the operator of the database, to assure a long term stability and availability.
The two founders of OReGamI are Sebastian Eichholz (gene) and Jens Mildner (MZ per X).
But they’re not alone!
Detailed information about all the collaborators can be retrieved from our respective wiki page current Members.